Monday, February 21, 2011

Art Is Where The Heart Is

I consider myself an artist. Not in the typical way you would envision an artist - i.e. a painter with her palette... But I do consider what I do to be art. I create, I love what I create, and put that creation out into the world so others can love it too.

I recently read the book Linchpin by Seth Godin, which was gracefully gifted to me by my good friend, Sally - an artist in every sense of the word.  The book describes a way of life/work that encourages you to be the best you can be at whatever it is that you're doing, and to do so by making that work art, and showing the world how well you do your art. I'm not trying to sell you on this book, but it is worth a read if you're stuck between doing what you love, and doing what you feel you have to do in life.



That being said...one of the things I love about my business (and I've written about this before), is being able to help other artists, get their art out into the world. Although I Heart Accessories is still a tiny little baby girl, she's still very much in love with those who create, and does her best to promote those creations. We have loved selling local work, of all different types and styles, and want to do so even more as we grow. It helps those who create, and brings fresh new vibes to our shop each time a new piece is dropped off.  Here are some of the pieces that been created by some of our favourite artists, and give our shop that extra unique feel.


Headmistress

Quoise Jewellery


Sidelines Jewellery
All local, all beautiful. 

Here's where I'm going with this. If you're an artist, and you've recently decided to put your art into practice, and that practice has anything to do with adorning accessories, you should let us know. Granted, a fit between your work and our shop is necessary, but we'de love to hear from you. Along with a few other steps forward for I Heart Accessories this year, generating greater relationships with artists is primo on the list.


xoxo
With Heart,
Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment