Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Time for a Change

My most recent personal accessory choice has been inspired by this week's back to school extravaganza.  Maybe it's because all those Staples commercials got me in the mood, or the fact that I never know what time it is...? but recently, I have decided to wear a watch. This is a big deal for me, as I've actually never been a watch person. The Mr. in my life is the opposite. He has an entire collection of watches that he perfectly matches with each outfit, as well as their very own case, with leather interior to boot. He's got this whole watch thing down...and I must say, I enjoy knowing that even if I don't know what time it is, he always will.

I have purchased myself many watches...and even remember my dad giving me a Snoopy Tennis watch exactly like this one:


But I never cared that it told time. I just enjoyed watching Snoopy hit the tennis ball. This watch is pretty cool, am I right?

Evidently, I haven't changed a bit. When we received our new shipment of watches last week...I excitedly unwrapped each one just to see the beauty of shiny newness. "Which one will I buy myself ?!?" went through my mind a few times. Then "Who am I kidding?...I'm not a watch girl." Which is true, I'm totally not. Call me a rebel, but I just don't feel as though I NEED to know what time it is badly enough to wear it on my wrist at all times.

I do however, enjoy bling. So naturally, when I saw this sparkly baby, I knew it had to be mine. And it is. It's on my wrist right now. I don't even know if the time is right on it, nor does it matter. It's just so pretty.


So - necessity or not, I have decided to follow in the footsteps of my significant other, who clearly knows the drill when it comes to timepieces. Meaning, I'll need to treat myself to more of these lovelies, to go with more of my outfits. It just so happens that we have quite the nice collection on our shelves at the moment. Here are a few that I've been spying with my little eye.




So, maybe I've become a watch girl. People can be watch people for different reasons, and those reasons don't always have to include knowing the time.  Once I find my Snoopy watch, I will have started a collection of two...soon to be many. This is a milestone.

xoxo
With Heart,
Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment